– Our Veterans Workshops provide veterans, service members, and their families with the writing and narrative skills to empower them to better share their stories, thoughts, and experiences.
These workshops are FREE of charge and taught by professional writers and educators. The workshop facilitators provide professional writing instruction and leadership through high-quality, dynamic workshop facilitation as they guide participants through writing exercises with meaningful feedback. Participants are not required to write solely on their military experience. Beginners to advanced writers welcome.
– Veterans Writing Workshop Goals
- To provide training in the basic elements of writing, enhancing workshop participants’ writing skills and empowering them to tell their stories.
- To build camaraderie and support for veterans and their families by creating a safe and inclusive space.
- To encourage a writing practice outside of the workshop.
- To promote veteran well-being through writing.
As workshops are scheduled, they will be posted below and listed on the MO Humanities Calendar.
ATTENTION all veterans, retired, and active military, applications are now OPEN for the “Vet” Set Basics Workshop on Saturday, March 11th. Powered by Continuity CREW, sponsored by the Missouri Film Office, and supported by Missouri Humanities, this unique and full-day workshop hosted by Spot Content Studio will teach you how to become marketable and knowledgeable in the media industry, whether you’re a beginner or seasoned professional, you’ll walk away feeling encouraged, challenged, and empowered by over ten industry speakers.
Our EMCEE for the event is BJ Lange, a St. Louis native, actor, comedian, voice-over artist, retired USAF Medic, and Veterans in Media & Entertainment member. Click the button below to apply. Those chosen for the event will be sent a link to register for the $25 workshop. SPACE IS LIMITED so reserve your spot today!
To view MO Humanities Calendar Events, including Veteran’s Events, visit our calendar.