– Our Veterans Workshops provide veterans, service members, and their families with the writing and narrative skills to empower them to better share their stories, thoughts, and experiences.
These workshops are FREE of charge and taught by professional writers and educators. The workshop facilitators provide professional writing instruction and leadership through high-quality, dynamic workshop facilitation as they guide participants through writing exercises with meaningful feedback. Participants are not required to write solely on their military experience. Beginners to advanced writers welcome.
– Veterans Writing Workshop Goals
- To provide training in the basic elements of writing, enhancing workshop participants’ writing skills and empowering them to tell their stories.
- To build camaraderie and support for veterans and their families by creating a safe and inclusive space.
- To encourage a writing practice outside of the workshop.
- To promote veteran well-being through writing.
As workshops are scheduled, they will be posted below and listed on the MO Humanities Calendar.
Register for the 2022 Kansas City Veterans Writing Workshop taking place at the Kansas City Public Library, Plaza Branch on October 7, 8, and 15.
Presented by the Kansas City Veterans Writing Team, Missouri Humanities, and Veterans of Foreign Wars of the U.S. and co-sponsored by the Kansas City Public Library and Moral Injury Association of America.
To view MO Humanities Calendar Events, including Veteran’s Events, visit our calendar.