written by Clarice Britton, MH Director of Operations
I’ve been at MH for twenty-six years and my what an incredible journey it has been and continues to be at Missouri Humanities. So many changes have happened over the years.
I started as a part time clerk and now I’m Director of Operations. I have many jobs that I do here at MH but the one job that I really enjoy doing is managing the Re-Grants. I look forward to getting new grants in each grant cycle.
- Reading the grants envisioning the programs.
- Knowing how much these programs will impact the communities.
- Getting to know the Project Director involved with the grant.
- Building relationships with the organizations as well.
- The grantee’s calling asking questions about their grant.
- Making sure that what their grant is going to be accepted.
- And once we receive it and it is approved, hearing the enthusiasm in their voice when they hear they have been awarded the grant. It’s almost like they have hit the lottery!!
- Reading the evaluations after a grant program has been completed is just heartwarming. So many great stories that they tell.
- Hearing how the grant program has reached the people in the community is just wonderful. That is just one of the many things that we do at MH that I enjoy.
So I would like to end with a great poem from Maya Angelou…..
“My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.”