– Our Veterans Workshops provide veterans, service members, and their families with the writing and narrative skills to empower them to better share their stories, thoughts, and experiences.
These workshops are FREE of charge and taught by professional writers and educators. The workshop facilitators provide professional writing instruction and leadership through high-quality, dynamic workshop facilitation as they guide participants through writing exercises with meaningful feedback. Participants are not required to write solely on their military experience. Beginners to advanced writers welcome.
Dates and times for workshops can be found below and on our Events Calendar!
– Veterans Writing Workshop Goals
- To provide training in the basic elements of writing, enhancing workshop participants’ writing skills and empowering them to tell their stories.
- To build camaraderie and support for veterans and their families by creating a safe and inclusive space.
- To encourage a writing practice outside of the workshop.
- To promote veteran well-being through writing.
– Workshops are a Collaborative Effort
We host the workshops In partnership with libraries, universities, veteran support organizations, community groups, etc. If you would like to partner to host a workshop, email email@example.com.
Partnerships include: VA St. Louis Medical System at Jefferson Barracks-Occupational Therapy, St. Louis Public Library, Drury University, Springfield-Greene County Library, Kansas City Veterans Writing Team, Moral Injury Association of America, and Kansas City Public Library.