Chapter Seven: 1959: St. Charles
– Virtual Event: September 9th, 4pm
St. Charles was founded as San Carlos del Misuri more than 150 years earlier, and was now more a part of St. Louis, thanks to a new bridge over the Missouri River. The land around a old war materials plant had recently become Busch Wildlife Area, Missouri’s largest conservation area. The same location was also proposed as a site for the United Nations.